Just because we’re pregnant, it doesn’t mean happy hour has to be over! That’s the beauty of your Root’d Fizzy Drink Mix. Unlike our friends with pills or gummies, we can have a little more fun with our prenatal, and still get all our required nutrition at the same time!
Obviously, no alcohol included.
Today we’re going to show you our fan favorite, the Virgin Prenatal Lemon Drop!
A little Lemon Drop History:
The Lemon Drop is a sweet and lemony drink that came into vogue during the 1970s in California. Invented by Norman Jay Hobday, the founder and proprietor of Henry Africa's bar in San Francisco, there are several variations of the drink, such as blueberry and raspberry lemon drops, and today, a Lemon Ginger Prenatal Version. It is served at pretty much any bar and in the United States, as well as several areas around the world.
The natural lemon flavor already in your Root’d Packet goes perfectly, and makes this one a breeze!
Here’s what you need:
1 TBSP Simple Syrup:
- Really any brand will do, and we recommended 1 tablespoon to give that extra sweetness the lemon drop is known for, but you can always scale this back if sweet isn’t your jam.
- 4 - 6 oz Water & Ice
- 1 Packet Root'd Prenatal Lemon Ginger:
1-3 Lemon Wedge's
- This is gonna give you an extra little twist, and if you like a little extra lemon, you can add a few more.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR LEMON DROP:
It’s really easy to make your Lemon Drop Roottail.
Fill your cup or cocktail shaker with ice.
- If you prefer a no ice option, you can do each of these three steps in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 1 Root'd Prenatal Stick Pack. It will mix in nicely by adding it right after the ice.
- Add 4 oz Water.
- Add 1 Tbsp of Simple Syrup. This will add that tasty sweetness
- Gently Squeeze in your Lemon
- Stir or Shake! If you used your shaker, get shaken! If you poured everything over ice, give it a good stir!
- Add and Garnish with your Lemon's! If you have extra, feel free to drop them in for a little extra flavor!
- Enjoy Our Favorite step!
Remember – because of the super greens, your lemon drop will be Root’d green, but still taste delicious!
We want to hear from you! Let us know what you think, and share your creation or roottail with us @RootdHealth! Use the #roottail!
- Marszalek, Keith I. (March 24, 2008). "New Orleans' best cocktails: The Lemon Drop cocktail". The Times-Picayune. Archived from the originalon December 22, 2015. Retrieved December 12,2015.